Monday, November 24, 2008

In between beatings...

In between times of telling myself that I am going to lose 40 pounds and do it RIGHT NOW, and other times of telling myself to get off my butt and get out there and run, and other times of telling myself to get out of bed right now because IT IT TIME TO PRAY...then I think to myself that I need to get re-motivated or start rethinking my approach to life. What I am doing is not working for me.

Today, a great thing happened. I got together with a faithful-prayer-partner-friend- mentor-person, and we are going to meet once a week for a few months to go over the Nancy De Moss book, Lies Women Believe.

There is something about accountability that really helps me to get motivated and get things off of the ground.

It is probably a great deal like telling your kids to make their beds vs. telling them that you will be in shortly to check on their made beds.


We had a great weekend in Reno watching the Broncos beat the Wolfpack. That was a stressful, exhilarating game with loads of really fun fans, even the one behind me who accidentally poured beer down my back and later bonked me on the head unintentionally. I kept telling her, "This is not a problem. We are packed in here like sardines." :)

I have to say that it was a thrill to feel the cold beer on a brisk day outdoors when we were in the nosebleed section of the stadium. All of us survived, and a long hot bath did wonders for body and soul that night.

3 comments:

R said...

I have those weeks and times too. I am glad you can at least relate to me. So this post comforts me!!!

I will continue to pray for you!

Mrs. Sinta said...

THANK YOU!!!

Airport Gal said...

Beer down your back? I love it! Amazing how things seem to "happen to us", but then it's an opportunity to be gracious and kind to someone who may desperately need to have a touch of God's grace at that moment...but we have no way of knowing that!

Man oh man! This is great reading! Keep writing...I relate to it all and wish that I could join your little reading session with your friend.

Hey...that gives me an idea! Maybe I can start my own!